Friday 1 September 2017

the first words

how odd to find myself going back to blogger, to blogging. But this will be a kind of chapbook - mainly of poems and scraps of writing that I like and want to keep in one place, so I don't have to trawl through my old blog, or worse, Fb to find that piece that connected to my heart.

And the first poem for this blog is one that I had to find by searching back through my old blog, textileseahorse, by one of my favourite poets - Rainer Maria Rilke.  



There is total silence. Upright in overgrown
paths stands the scent of bygone colour.
The sky holds back a long hard rain
The leaves climb stairways through the air.
                                                          Rainer Maria Rilke

from The Inner Sky poems, notes dreams by Rainer Maria Rilke translated by Damion Searls Godine NY 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solnit

The rhythm of walking generates a kind of rhythm of thinking, and the passage through a landscape echoes or stimulates the passage thr...